Knowing how to call the USA from Brazil without going broke is important. But if you’re heading there to study abroad, the need to know becomes paramount. At Vonage, we’re here to help.
Brazil is now widely acknowledged as the most expensive South American country to visit these days, although you can still find affordable accommodations and food if you’re on a budget — we’ll get to that in a bit. In the meantime, though, you’re probably most concerned with finding the best way to go about calling the U.S. from Brazil.. Luckily we have a couple of great options for you.
Let’s start with Vonage World® Plus Latin America 100.
This calling plant allows you to call the U.S. from Brazil with ease. First head over to our site,Vonage.com, and sign up for Vonage World. In due time (we’ll give you a delivery window), a Vonage Box™ will be sent to your home, to be taken with you when you head overseas. The box simply needs to be plugged into your high-speed Internet connection and will then let you call the U.S. from Brazil via the Internet. It’s the easiest solution for when you need to know how to call the U.S. from Brazil. And beyond the ease of use, the value is spectacular too.
You can always be reached for the price of a domestic call from any phone at any time. Plus, when your travels have come to an end, you’ll still have the same number because you’ll still have the same Vonage Box. Pretty simple, right? Keep the box, keep your number. Your friends and family will always be able to reach you the same way every time you call, no matter where he or she may be at the time, whether you’re in the U.S. or in Brazil.
Check out these other included options:
- Unlimited¹ calling to landlines in 60 countries — including 8 Latin American countries!
- Unlimited¹ calling to mobile phones in the U.S. and more than 10 countries and territories.
- Unlimited¹ calling to landlines in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Great rates to Latin America, even after you use your 100 included minutes.
- FREE Vonage-to-Vonage calls.
Our second option for you is Vonage Mobile®, an app powerhouse for texting and calling the U.S. from Brazil. It costs nothing to download or use (just ensure everyone on a call or text has the app) and it works with just about any smartphone, AndroidTM deviceor iPhone®. For access to the right app, visit either Google PlayTM or iTunes®. Vonage Mobile answers the question of how to call from Brazil to the USA for free and also offers the following perks:
- Free to download, free to use+.
- Call and text worldwide for free+. Call and text free of charge to any smartphone around the globe that also has the Vonage Mobile app.
- Call any phone in America for free. For a limited time, call any phone in the U.S. from Brazil (landlines or mobiles), Vonage or non-Vonage, absolutely free!
- International calling rates. Vonage Mobile provides great low calling rates to all non-Vonage Mobile contacts: 30% less than SkypeTM and 70% less than other major mobile carriers!2
Brazil is the largest country in South America. Your experiences abroad will be broadened if you find the time to take in as much exploring as possible –while also keeping up your studies, of course. So before you get out there, as important as it is for you to know how to call from Brazil to the USA, it’s just as important to know as much as you can about your new host nation. Here are a few thoughts we had on the subject:
- Keep it “real.” The Brazilian dollar is called the “real” (R$). A dollar can still go a long way, but don’t expect to live on a few reals a day, especially during Carnaval! This is a nationwide celebration that often leads to extravagant increases in prices, especially for visitors and for accommodations. And don’t forget, you can save on those reals when you call the USA from Brazil with Vonage!
- Teeming Brazil. If you’re an animal or plant lover, Brazil is going to be one of the most exciting places you’ll ever visit, thanks in large part to the wildlife diversity imparted to the country by the Amazon. You should definitely take in these amazing sights and sounds and smells, but do NOT try to take any of them home. You’ll need to keep the wildlife where you find it, even though as a hardcore naturalist you may be sorely tempted to bring a keepsake back home. Instead, just try calling from Brazil to the USA to talk about all the amazing things you’re experiencing.
- Words, words, words. The national language of Brazil is not Spanish. It’s Portuguese. But if you already know Spanish, you’ll be able to get around well enough since it is still a widely-spoken tongue regardless. That said, you should take the time to learn as much of the Portuguese language as possible since without it you’ll be incapable of fully experiencing the Brazilian culture.
With Vonage World and Vonage Mobile on your side calling the USA from Brazil can be a simple, fast and enjoyable process. So log on today and let us help you keep it “real” when you need to call from Brazil to the USA!
+Standard data rates apply.
*Free calling service is for personal, non-commercial calling to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and does not include calls to certain geographic locations, premium and special services numbers, satellite telephony services and other call forwarding services. Not to exceed 3000 minutes per month.
¹Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.
2Based on per-minute rates to the top 50 countries called. Comparison reflects published rates of leading mobile carriers in markets representing the majority of iPhone® and Android™ users.