Moving Day Checklist & Moving Tips
The big day has arrived and you don’t have a moving checklist.
No use crying over spilt milk…which you should have used up by now…but it’s also not too late to fix it!
We have a handy way for you to stay on task without letting those ‘little things’ slip by unnoticed. It’s a moving day checklist that’s not so regimented that it makes moving too daunting and not so general it leaves you wanting more.
Assuming you’ve taken care of the ‘big-ticket’ items like change-of-address forms, packing, and hiring movers/coordinating friends, our moving day checklist walks you through what’s left to attend to. Take a look at a short sample below:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NONE OF THESE IN YOUR OLD HOME:
- Toxic Materials (old batteries, paints, cleaners, propane, flammables, bleach, mercury)
- Metals and wood from previous home repair/building projects.
MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THESE TO YOUR NEW HOME:
- Extra packing supplies (tape, bubble wrap, etc.)
- A floor plan of your new home (to determine furniture placement)
- Check traffic and weather reports and share with your friends or movers.
- Make sure your friend or the mover driving has your exact address and keeps their cell with them.
- Make sure carbon monoxide or fire alarms are on when leaving your old home.
- Initial any changes to all copies of all documents over the course of the day — DO NOT delegate this.
And there’s more where that came from! So if you feel like you need some help getting a handle on the big day, our moving day checklist and our complete moving checklist are downloadable any time. Let it take the edge off moving day with everything you need to remember – both major and minor.