Unlimited¹ Calling to the USA from the Netherlands!
The Netherlands is a truly distinctive country. Any longtime visitor there, especially a young person studying abroad, is going to need to know how to call the U.S. from the Netherlands if for no other reason than bragging rights!
With about a fifth of its land and people below sea level and another half of the country only a few feet above, the Netherlands is aptly translated to mean literally the “low country.” Much of the sub-sea leveling was created by man-made digging, so today there’s a system of complicated, but highly trustworthy pumps and dikes. And yet with all this going against it, Holland, as it’s just as often called (thanks to two of the more populous provinces, North Holland and South Holland), is richly populated with stunning and historic cities. How do they do it? Well, that’s a question you can answer for your friends back home when you start calling the U.S. from the Netherlands.
The best way to keep in touch is Vonage World®. Highly affordable and incredibly easy to use, there’s a reason it’s our most popular plan. Check this out. Sign up for the plan and you’ll get a Vonage Box™ shipped via FedEx to you, which you can then take on your travels to Holland. You can connect the box to the high-speed Internet service you’re already using and start calling home right away. Wondering how to call the USA from Holland? Vonage World has it figured out. Call your folks or friends on any landline or cell phone in the U.S., and they can hit you up on your Vonage line anytime!
To be clear, anyone in the U.S. can call you for the price of a domestic call because there’s a U.S. number with every box, and it stays assigned to that box no matter where you go. The U.S., the Netherlands, anywhere…the number never changes and is always local.
There’s more to it than just that, of course, so read on if your interest is piqued:
- Unlimited1 calling to landlines in over 60 countries — like the U.S. and the Netherlands!
- Unlimited1 calling to U.S. mobiles as well as more than 10 other countries!
- Free Vonage-to-Vonage calls.
- Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting and many other standard features.
Vonage Mobile® provides an alternate option for calling the U.S. from Holland with the same excellent service. It’s not a phone plan and it doesn’t involve any equipment. Vonage Mobile is our totally free app for texting and calling from Holland to the USA. Download it anytime you want on your AndroidTM phone or your iPhone® at Google PlayTM and iTunes®. Calling and texting is totally free as long as you make sure everyone on the call or text has the app. Here are some of the other features included in Vonage Mobile:
- Free to download, free to use+.
- Call and text worldwide for free+. Call and text free of charge to any smartphone around the globe that also has the Vonage Mobile app.
- Call any phone in America for free. For a limited time, call any phone in the U.S. from the Netherlands (landlines or mobiles), Vonage or non-Vonage, absolutely free!
- International calling rates. Vonage Mobile provides great low calling rates to all non-Vonage Mobile contacts: 30% less than SkypeTM and 70% less than other major mobile carriers!2
Well, that has most of how to call the U.S. from Holland covered, but what about the Low Country itself? There will be an unbelievable amount of beauty to take in as well as a plethora of Dutch customs to learn. So before you depart, we want to leave you with a few ideas and suggestions (besides calling the U.S. from Holland, of course):
- Temperate-ure. Holland has a solidly temperate climate, but it’s pretty humid in the late summer. Spring is when fast-drenching showers are likely to hit out of the blue. Bring some rain boots and set aside some money for umbrellas or other rain gear. Or, just get used to getting wet!
- Cheap…not so much. Holland is a nation that has defied the odds for centuries, so the extra you pay to live and study there will seem like a fair investment. Cash is always the best way to go to pay for small-ticket items, but a credit card will certainly help you out with larger price tag purchases.
- Train yourself. The most time you’ll ever spend on a train traveling across the Netherlands will be between four and five hours, but most trips will be far shorter. So don’t spend the extra money on upgrading to first class since there is little difference between it and the coach cars. The added cost is definitely not worth it.
Speaking of traveling, it’s time for you to move on and pick which works best for you and yours, Vonage World or Vonage Mobile. Remember, Vonage Mobile is free but Vonage World will cost a small monthly fee. But hey, if you guys want, you and your parents can even “go Dutch” with the cost!
+Standard data rates apply.
*Free calling service is for personal, non-commercial calling to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and does not include calls to certain geographic locations, premium and special services numbers, satellite telephony services and other call forwarding services. Not to exceed 3000 minutes per month.
¹Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.
2Based on per-minute rates to the top 50 countries called. Comparison reflects published rates of leading mobile carriers in markets representing the majority of iPhone® and Android™ users.