Unlimited¹ Calling to the USA from New Zealand!
The next semester is on its way and you’re about to say goodbye to your nearest and dearest as you leave to study abroad on the other side of the globe. Lingering in the back of your mind is the question of how to call the USA from New Zealand. Fortunately the answer is right below!
New Zealand is a stunningly beautiful country. You will discover lush valleys and vibrant cities around every corner, just 900 miles east of Australia. Calling the U.S. from New Zealand is going to be in big demand for you if for no other reason than to share all the newfound wonder in your life. You can hike a glacier or volcano, catch a rugby match, go on a wine-tasting tour at one of the many world-class vineyards, or just lounge on a beach…that is, after you’ve finished studying for the day. What better time to start calling America from New Zealand than right after a trip like that! And to make the most affordable international calls, you are going to want Vonage.
Our #1 plan for international calling, Vonage World®, allows you to call your family for as long as you want1 and reach them on both their cell phones and landlines! And all for just a small monthly rate. When you sign up at Vonage.com we send you a Vonage Box™ which should then make its way to the land of the Kiwis with you. It has a U.S. number assigned to it, and that’s why all calls back and forth through Vonage World are domestic even when you and yours are on opposite sides of the world. All you need to do is plug it into a high-speed Internet connection to start calling the U.S. from New Zealand. The magic of the Vonage Box doesn’t end when your trip does, however. When you return to the States, as long as you hold on to your Vonage Box, your phone number will stay the same, as will the convenient domestic calling. International dialing has never been easier.
Here are some more great features included in the plan:
- Unlimited1 calling to landlines in over 60 countries — like the U.S. and New Zealand!
- Unlimited1 calling to U.S. mobiles as well as more than 10 other countries!
- Free Vonage-to-Vonage calls.
- Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting and many other standard features.
Besides Vonage World, we have another great way to help you when you need to know how to call the U.S. from New Zealand… Vonage Mobile®! It’s our new app that’s free to own and free to use. You can text or call the USA from New Zealand for free, but the one thing users need to know is that using Vonage Mobile is no cost only if both the caller and the person being called (or texted) already have the app. Oh, and it’s available for AndroidTM devices and the iPhone® — just go to Google PlayTM or iTunes® for the version that’s right for your smartphone. Here’s how the rest of it works:
- Free to download, free to use+.
- Call and text worldwide for free+. Call and text free of charge to any smartphone around the globe that also has the Vonage Mobile app.
- Call any phone in America for free. For a limited time, call any phone in the U.S. from New Zealand (landlines or mobiles), Vonage or non-Vonage, absolutely free.
- International calling rates. Vonage Mobile provides great low calling rates to all non-Vonage Mobile contacts: 30% less than SkypeTM and 70% less than other major mobile carriers!2
If this is your first time abroad, let alone to New Zealand, we’re here to help with a few suggestions for how to handle the transition, in addition to how to call America from New Zealand of course! As we said, there’s plenty to do and to see in New Zealand, and because of that, there are just as many issues to consider:
- Kiwi cost. Thanks to a thriving tourist industry, the price of visiting and of living in NZ has shot up in recent years. The U.S. dollar’s relative weakness also makes a trip there more expensive than even just a few years ago. Banks and ATMs are readily available, though, and you’ll need them since food, in particular, is surprisingly pricey — as it often can be on island nations due to the extra cost in transportation.
- Park it where you can see it. There’s not much violent crime in New Zealand. But one crime you will need to watch out for is theft from parked cars. A common enough occurrence for tourists is to discover their backpacks or other items missing and stolen from a rented or borrowed car while they were away from the vehicle. Avoid this scenario altogether by taking your belongings with you if possible.
- Don’t take waves. While shark attacks are rare, a much greater threat to those enjoying New Zealand’s many beaches are the sometimes deadly undertows that can pull an unwary swimmer out to deep waters. Knowing how to call the U.S. from New Zealand is valuable, but knowing where it’s safest to swim…just a tad more important.
So call the U.S. from New Zealand using either Vonage World or Vonage Mobile and start saving today. They’re both great options for calling from New Zealand to the USA, but it’s up to you to pick which best fits your life and needs!
+Standard data rates apply.
*Free calling service is for personal, non-commercial calling to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and does not include calls to certain geographic locations, premium and special services numbers, satellite telephony services and other call forwarding services. Not to exceed 3000 minutes per month.
¹Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.
2Based on per-minute rates to the top 50 countries called. Comparison reflects published rates of leading mobile carriers in markets representing the majority of iPhone® and Android™ users.