How to Call the US from Ecuador with Unlimited¹ Time on Your Side
Perhaps you’re about to travel or study abroad. So, no doubt, the issue of how to call the U.S. from Ecuador in the most affordable way possible has just hit the top of your priority list.
Though Ecuador is a small nation, it’s rich with history and adventure. The biggest city is Guayaquil, and due to its largely unchanged historic centers and architecture, the city of Quito has been designated a World Heritage Site. Ecuador has plenty to offer, including Amazon rainforests, the Andes and the Galapagos. With so much to do and see, you’ll want to be regularly calling the U.S. from Ecuador to share your latest adventures with friends and family back home. Vonage World® Plus Latin America 100 can help with that.
All you need to do is sign up for the Vonage World Plus Latin America 100 plan. Once that’s done, we will send you a Vonage Box™, which lets you make calls via the Internet! When you get to Ecuador, hook the box into a high-speed Internet service, and you will instantly be able to start calling the U.S. from Ecuador. Plus, we include 100 minutes to Ecuador’s landlines AND mobiles, in addition to many other great features.
To reiterate the full benefit of the Vonage Box, it’s what will allow you to bring a U.S. phone number with you on your travels. Reach loved ones for the price of a domestic call. They won’t get lost dialing a long, complicated international number because they’ll simply be dialing a U.S. number. Low rates, easy dialing, what’s not to love? From now on, you can be reached at the same number wherever you are— at school in the U.S. or while studying in Ecuador.
Sound good? Great. Because there’s even more to tell you about:
- Unlimited¹ calling to landlines in 60 countries — including 8 Latin American countries!
- Unlimited¹ calling to mobile phones in the U.S. and more than 10 countries and territories.
- Unlimited¹ calling to landlines in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- 100 included minutes to landlines in 9 additional Latin American countries and mobile phones in 17 additional Latin American countries.
- Great rates to Latin America, even after you use your 100 included minutes.
- FREE Vonage-to-Vonage calls.
But hey, you might be the type who likes to travel light. If that’s the case, take a peek at our equipment-free new app, Vonage Mobile®! It allows anyone to call or text for free on either the AndroidTM platform or iPhones®, as long as both parties on the call or text have installed and are using the app on their smartphone. Check out Google PlayTM and iTunes® to find the appropriate version. Here’s what else you get with Vonage Mobile:
- Free to download, free to use+.
- Call and text worldwide for free+. Call and text free of charge to any smartphone around the globe that also has the Vonage Mobile app.
- Call any phone in America for free. For a limited time, call any phone in the U.S. from Ecuador (landlines or mobiles), Vonage or non-Vonage, absolutely free!
- International calling rates. Vonage Mobile provides great low calling rates to all non-Vonage Mobile contacts: 30% less than SkypeTM and 70% less than other major mobile carriers!2
So you must realize by now that the calling plan choice for all of you youthful wanderers to explore can only be Vonage Mobile and Vonage World Plus Latin America 100. Finding the right answer to how to call from Ecuador to the USA is only the start, though. What can you really expect from a trip to Ecuador as an American?:
- Wild, wildlife. Between the Amazon, the Andes and the Galapagos Islands, you will have unrivaled opportunities for exploring nature’s biodiversity. Be sure you make the appropriate preparations, including any courses you may need before embarking on a journey that could involve dangerous or delicate fauna and flora!
- Current currency. Lucky for you, in Ecuador, the U.S. dollar is also the currency of choice. They are similar to the ones you’ll find here in the states. But the coins, which are mostly identical, instead show portraits and images of well-known Ecuadorians. Your only real issue with money down there will be getting change. Unless you’re at a bank, you can pretty much assume breaking a large bill will be difficult.
- Travel alert. It’s not unknown for planned robberies of buses to happen, mostly at night and outside major population centers. Take a day bus if you have the option.
Well, good luck with your journey. Now you can call the U.S. from Ecuador with a lot less concern and your family can enjoy hearing all about it. So get calling from Ecuador to the USA today with Vonage Mobile or Vonage World Plus Latin America 100.
+Standard data rates apply.
*Free calling service is for personal, non-commercial calling to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and does not include calls to certain geographic locations, premium and special services numbers, satellite telephony services and other call forwarding services. Not to exceed 3000 minutes per month.
¹Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.
2Based on per-minute rates to the top 50 countries called. Comparison reflects published rates of leading mobile carriers in markets representing the majority of iPhone® and Android™ users.