How to Call the US from Chile for Unlimited¹ Minutes
Calling the U.S. from Chile can be a real handful for anyone, let alone a young student traveling abroad for the first time. Worry no more. Vonage can help you eliminate the stress and “chill” when it comes to how to call the U.S. from Chile.
Chile is one of the longest nations on Earth, over 2,700 miles long and, on average, 110 miles in width. As such, there is a huge diversity in its landscape, which includes copper-enriched deserts, a densely settled central urban area, mountains and, in the south, lush forests and volcanoes. In short, there’s going to be plenty for you to take in and plenty of reasons to call the U.S. from Chile to tell your family all about the sights they’re missing out on. That’s where we come in, with Vonage World®.
With Vonage World, you can be calling the U.S. from Chile for one low monthly rate. Stay connected with ease by virtue of the Vonage Box™. Once you get signed up for a Vonage calling plan, we’ll send the box to your home address and then you can simply pack it with your other belongings for the long trip to Chile. All that’s required from there is for you to hook the box up to a high-speed Internet connection, and then calling the USA from Chile begins whenever you want. And because the Vonage Box comes with a U,S.-based phone number, all calls back home are deemed local and unlimited1 to both landlines or cell phones. Also, when your family wants to hear from you in Chile, they can place unlimited1 calls to your main Vonage line for the price of a domestic call. To top it all off, you get to keep the same Vonage Box and telephone number, even after you’ve returned to the States. No complex international dialing rules and no massively high rates. You can be reached wherever your Vonage Box is located: the US, Chile — anywhere.
So if you want to call the USA from Chile with Vonage World, here are some other helpful features you can expect from this great calling plan:
- Unlimited1 calling to landlines in over 60 countries — like the U.S. and Chile!
- Unlimited1 calling to U.S. mobiles, as well as more than 10 other countries!
- Free Vonage-to-Vonage calls.
- Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting and many other standard features.
No doubt, once you arrive in Chile you’ll be on the go, enjoying the sights and sounds. If that’s the case, you’ll need as many ways possible to call from Chile to the USA on a regular basis. Allow us to recommend Vonage Mobile®. It’s AndroidTM and iPhone® friendly, so pretty much all smartphones can use it. You can download the app on Google PlayTM or iTunes®. Texting and calling are free. Just make sure that everyone involved in the call or text has downloaded the app:
- Free to download, free to use+.
- Call and text worldwide for free+. Call and text free of charge to any smartphone around the globe that also has the Vonage Mobile app.
- Call any phone in America for free. For a limited time, call any phone in the U.S. from Chile (landlines or mobiles), Vonage or non-Vonage, absolutely free!
- International calling rates. Vonage Mobile provides great low calling rates to all non-Vonage Mobile contacts: 30% less than SkypeTM and 70% less than other major mobile carriers!2
Whichever way you go, Vonage Mobile or Vonage World, by now we bet you know how to call from Chile to the USA. It can’t hurt to know a little bit more about the actual destination, though, can it? Here are some fun things for you to do while in Chile and some helpful hints to look out for:
- Un-wine-d at the vineyards. If you’re of age, one fun activity while in Chile is to visit the many vineyards there and go on a wine tour or tasting excursion. Chile is one of the top five exporters of wine. So, wherever you go, you’ll be sure to get a taste of something special and uniquely Chilean.
- Getting there. Chile is a prosperous South American nation, so it’s not going to be the cheapest place in the world to get to. If at all possible, avoid traveling from the end of December to early March. If you go right before or after these dates, you’re much more likely to find some offers on flights and hotels that fit your budget better.
- Dollars and sense. Most businesses in Chile won’t want to exchange travelers checks. Credit cards would be a better bet, although most of those may carry with them a hefty charge to cover the international exchange charges from the credit card companies themselves. The easiest thing for you to do may be to simply use your debit card at Chilean ATMs. They’re widespread and the rates charged for withdrawing money (as well as bank fees for the exchange) are predetermined by international currency fluctuations and not the whim of whatever small business you may be dealing with.
Now that calling from Chile to the USA is no longer a daunting prospect, thanks to two great options — Vonage Mobile and Vonage World — you can take some time to search for more helpful hints and tips regarding a long-term stay in Chile. Hopefully the few we were able to include here will at least get you started.
Good luck to every American student out there traveling abroad!
+Standard data rates apply.
*Free calling service is for personal, non-commercial calling to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and does not include calls to certain geographic locations, premium and special services numbers, satellite telephony services and other call forwarding services. Not to exceed 3000 minutes per month.
¹Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.
2Based on per-minute rates to the top 50 countries called. Comparison reflects published rates of leading mobile carriers in markets representing the majority of iPhone® and Android™ users.