How to Call Sri Lanka from the U.S.
We’ve just made your calls to Sri Lanka a lot less stressful, with our simple “How To Call Sri Lanka” guide below.
Calling Sri Lanka from the U.S. is easy — just follow our simple dialing instructions!
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 94, the country code for Sri Lanka.
- Then dial the area code (2 digits — please see a sample calling code list below) and finally the phone number (seven digits).
Need more help with how to call Sri Lanka?
Here’s a list of major city area codes and city calling codes:
|SRI LANKA AREA CODES|
Is your call to Sri Lanka not going through?
Try the following:
- Check your settings to see if international calls are blocked.
- Don’t add area codes to international cell phone numbers.
- Drop the trunk code (the first zero in front of international phone numbers).
Looking for a more affordable way to call Sri Lanka from the United States?
From Ampara to Vavuniya, Vonage’s international calling plans have your call to Sri Lanka covered, from A to V. No more pain in the neck calling cards or cell plans with special rules. With Vonage, you get great low rates to Sri Lanka at affordable prices and that’s that. No hidden costs or regulations. Call Sri Lanka anytime!
How can my family in Sri Lanka also save with Vonage?
Vonage can help your whole family save, no matter where they are in the world.
- Give Vonage’s International Calling rates to your friends or family in Sri Lanka by signing them up for a Vonage World account and shipping them the Vonage Box.¹
- Then when they get their Vonage Box™¹. they’ll be able to make unlimited² calls to landlines and mobiles in the U.S.
And you’re done. It’s that easy!
So if you need to make calls to Sri Lanka for an amazing price, click on that link above and take a peek. Whomever you give the Vonage Box to can have the same U.S. area code that you have, and if both parties use Vonage as their service providers, calls between both of you do not cost anything more!
Are there any international calling apps?
Check out Vonage Mobile for international calling apps for Android™ & iPhone® devices.
¹You sign up for an additional account and remain responsible for all charges and activity on each account, as well as shipping for the adapter and for compliance with the laws of the country outside of the U.S. where the Vonage adapter may be used. Vonage customer support is in English and Spanish only. Vonage 911 service does not operate outside the U.S.
²Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.